Tuesday 8 May 2012

Date Set For My Competition? (Picture)


A teensy bit of progress after 5 weeks of working out, baby bicep peeking through :)

So, I’m pretty sure I just set my competition date and I’m SO SCARED!

I was at the Y, where I workout, and took a class with a handful of my younger siblings (whom I am always trying to impress) it was a total muscle conditioning class. I have been going once a week (well, for two weeks now) I like going to learn new workouts to target different body parts. For instance, I learned a great workout that targets the triceps, which I have been having a hard time with.

I digress.

I was the only new member and the instructor seemed to know everyone else by name, so I thought I would wait around after the class to introduce myself.

We got to talking, I mentioned my weight loss (to which he didn’t seem impressed at all) and turns out he is a judge for the competition I have been training for!

I was meant to take that class, weird how things workout.

We talked about diet, he told me a few mistakes I have been making, for instance I have completely cut out red meat, but apparently I need to eat one something ounce steak a week because it gives you creatine naturally. Ok then.

He looked at my calves, we talked about loose belly skin, he informed me I should get a personal trainer for a bit and then switch over to a coach.

His daughter competes in the same category as I want to (bikini), but on an international level. He told me she could teach me posing when she comes down to visit him. Posing is a big deal for the competition.

Anyway, all in all, I’m really so happy I talked to him! I’m excited for the future!

He told me I wouldn’t be able to compete in the June 16th show but I have to go and watch the competition so I can see what it entails. Which I will definitely do.
But this was the most valuable thing he said… He told me I could easily compete in the November 3rd show.

I was like, November 3rd… of this year?!

I think I asked him at least 3 times if he meant November 3rd 2012. Are you kidding me? That is only 6 months away! How could I possibly look like those women in only 6 months?!

He assured me I could, 100%.

Oh my Gosh it’s become so real.

I was aiming for November 2-3 years from now. 1 and a half years from now if I was feeling adventurous. But never did I think 6 months from now, ever.

But it’s been set! I have a date to aim for! I have to take it up a notch I guess.

Imagine, less than 11 months ago I could have never dreamed of doing this, I was a sad girl who couldn’t run on the treadmill for fear of spraining her ankles, again. I would eat McDonalds as a midnight snack, or an entire box of Ah Caramel, mmmm Ah Caramel... Wait... FOCUS!

Thanks to the Dukan Diet I have come so far.

I’ll keep you updated on my progress, as usual!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do? We're always underestimating ourselves, at leas I am. We need to believe more I guess.
    You can do it, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT. I can see all sorts of muscle definition in your arms. YAY. I love to train arms they look so sexy with a bit of muscle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm excited for your future bod too! Can't wait to watch you change like a little butterfly in chrysalis!!!! :0) Hugs! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing news! And you were definitely in the right place at the right time!

    Your transformation over the past year is already incredible, what will happen in the next 6 months will be even more amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look amazing! its good that you can go watch one first, get loads of tips and then do it in november! out of interest, why wasnt the trainer impressed with your weight loss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no idea, it just seemed that way to me. Normally people go bonkers when I mention I have lost 110 lbs and he did not. Didn't react negatively, just didn't fully acknowledge it or seem impressed.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It actually was a enjoyment acfcount it.
    Glance complicated to far delivered agreeable from you!

    However, how can we keep uup a correspondence?


    Viseit my web blog - using a pill to help with baldness

    ReplyDelete