Friday 25 May 2012

I Have a Personal Trainer!

So the other day I had my first consultation with… wait for it… MY NEW PERSONAL TRAINER!

Yaaaaay!

Long time readers are aware of my struggle with working out, and although I have improved my attendance significantly (going to the gym between 6-7 days a week now for almost 7 weeks straight) I don’t feel my performance while at the gym is amazing… I just don’t workout with the intensity that I should be to achieve the results I’m striving for.

But I’m going, and I’m trying. I’m just not sure what to do so I’m meandering around, doing a couple biceps curls, doing a couple chest presses. I never feel anything the next day even though I feel like I am lifting the heaviest weight I can 3x 10 reps. Nope, not feeling anything.

Also my cardio is laughable. I rarely do it and when I do, I just quit after a few minutes. It’s all very pathetic at the gym. If you watched me workout you would be surprised I’m interested in female bodybuilding. As a result, I am not seeing any… results that is. Nada. My diet is strict and I go to the gym every day but there is barely any definition, no progress, and it’s killing me.

You guys must read my blog and think all I do is whine and complain. Terrible.

On a not whiny note, I actually went out there and signed up for a personal trainer! Not sure if I told you already but he is a judge with the federation I want to join (The Ontario Physique Association). His daughter is big in the business on an international level (In the same category I want to compete in, Bikini) and he actually has won a bodybuilding competition himself!

Now we are talking!

It was kindof meant to be, I joined his class at my gym because some of my younger sisters were taking it and my mom asked me to just do it with them one week because she couldn’t make it and they are kindof young to be unsupervised. I joined, introduced myself, we got to talking and BAM!

Next thing I know I’m signing him up as my personal trainer and listening to him give me direction on my diet and working out routines!
I am hoping he can explain to me proper technique and get me on a training schedule that will get me to see results, and fast!

All very exciting.

Some of the things he said about my diet, I’m doing well! (Thanks Dukan!) I have to add in a carb at dinner time though (You don’t hear me complaining, do you? XD) A sweet potato, baked potato, brown rice, or quinoa. This daily carb will help me with my fatigue and give me enough energy to workout. My low-energy might be the reason I am not working out efficiently, because I’m simply too tired!


We will see.

My first actual training with him is Sunday. He took my measurements, figured out my BMI, blood pressure, body fat percentage, all that good stuff. Apparently I’m looking good for everything and we will only see it get better by 6 weeks from now when he does all my measurements up again.

We also set a target weight for me. 120-130 lbs. Woaaaah nelly. I will have lost between 144 and 134 lbs total. That’s nuts.

Also, ontop of my carb, I am allowed one full banana a day. In the mornings. No other fruit. I am also only allowed: broccoli, asparagus, carrots, and green beans when it comes to veggies. I can’t have salads anymore, I need to restrict my vegetable intake. Which is weird.

Oh and 6 meals a day, which I knew about but thought meant 6 small meals or 3 meals and 3 snacks… NOPE.

6 meals a day means like… 6 full meals.

I’m hoping to make up my meals for the week, take a picture and show you what I’m talking about. That might give you a better idea of this new diet, for anyone interested in bodybuilding. It’s also very Dukan friendly.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I wanna personal trainer like that :(. Weirdly... It sounds like a ton of fun! I've always wanted to get into bodybuilding (not competitively) but have no idea where to start. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bodybuilding is a ton of fun, I feel so empowered when I see little bits of muscle poking through.

      It is definitely hard knowing where or how to start since bodybuilding isn't a team sport and there is ABSOLUTELY BARELY any information online, also all the information available contradicts all the other information available, if you know what I'm saying!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for you! Keep us posted on your workout routines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Once you get an actual routine for your workout you will surely begin seeing the definition come through. You are gonna be a lean, mean, bodybuilding machine at 130lbs. Whoa Momma! :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s good to know that women are now becoming more interested in bodybuilding. Start off with weights doing 8-12 reps of each exercise. As you move forward, make it 12 reps of each exercise, completing everything in 30 minutes. Intensify your bodybuilding program by increasing the weights. Eat food high in protein. I choose red meat, lean veal and beef, potatoes, lentils, beans, and cheese. Good luck with your bodybuilding program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you still visiting this site? Saw some of your recent updates on your new blog. Wow! What a transformation! Great job! A personal trainer really helps push you to go farther beyond your limits! : )

    Madison Mcnulty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really good to know! Now you will be able to maximize the reflectivity of your workout sessions, which is one good thing of having a personal trainer. Some people work out all day and get very minimal results, but it's because they are not doing it right. Your personal trainer’s got your back on that.

    ReplyDelete