Friday 11 May 2012

My Last Celebration Meal -sigh-

So tonight I enjoyed my very last Celebration Meal. My final tweak to phase 3 of the Dukan Diet, meaning I am back, officially, to a modified phase 2.

I am not doing this to punish myself or to lose more weight, I am doing this to accommodate my dream to compete in a bodybuilding (bikini) competition November 3rd 2012.

Long time readers will know that before I had determined I would be competing I cut out the bread and cheese, as well as the starch meal allowed in Consolidation. Just because after over 10 months of following Dukan, I didn’t feel the need to eat these things. I wasn’t suffering, it was a choice I made and planned on sticking with long-term.

I have now changed my diet to be more bodybuilding friendly. Now I am restricting myself even more, which is the most difficult thing I have had to do on this diet.

I think cutting out celebration meals will kill me. I don’t know how Prawn did it.

He was eating chicken drumsticks and pork the other night and I almost died. All off the BBQ, smelt soooo delish. Ahhh.

But this is so worthit. I feel so much better and happy eating this way. I really do. Even though the temptations are always there, always.

So I had promised to take my youngest sister out to dinner, wherever she wanted, absolutely wherever. And that I would use one of my celebration meals to eat with her, something I haven’t been able to do since starting this diet.

It meant a lot to her so I had my celebration meal at Lonestar and enjoyed yummy fajitas, and a dessert, to celebrate her birthday (something totally worth celebrating! Love you IVY!)

I pigged out. I could have gone strong and had a couple bites of not allowed food, but for the next 6 months I will be going so strictly through this diet, I do not regret eating out with my baby sister for her birthday dinner.

Now back to telling people I can’t eat out with them, and not being able to celebrate family events like birthdays, thanksgiving. Oh man, modified phase 2, you kill me.

I know I’m whining, but I am happy with my choices ;) It’s just so hard when you have something and earn it, and then it’s taken away from you.

At least I enjoyed this last, super delish meal with my gorgeous sister.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I hope you and Ivy had a terrific time and that you truly did ENJOY your celebration meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with useful information to work on. You have done a formidable job and our entire group will probably be grateful to you.
    My web blog :: apartments for rent

    ReplyDelete